Thursday, November 19, 2015

A. ENVIRONMENT

I have been living in the Forest of the North for as long as I can remember. As a Hippogriff my herd and I do not like for winters to be unbearably cold or for the summers to get unbearably hot. The temperatures here usually stay between 50 degrees F to 75 degrees F. My kind also prefers a moist air, nothing too dry. It rains periodically throughout each year in our forest so this keeps the air clean and moist. Even though Hippogriffs prefer flatter land there are a few hills in our forest but nothing too difficult for my kind to handle.   My forest has many species of plants and trees. Sessile Oak, Ash, and Elm trees and some of the many trees that you will see here. The trees are huge and branch out several feet and provide my kind with a lot of shade and cover. The leaves are very thick that allow us to hide easily if we need too. Along with trees there are blackberry and holly bushes in my forest. These bushes have bright colored berries on them and add colors other than green to the forest. They provide food for the herbivores in the forest and a pretty sight to the animals that do not eat them.




   We Hippogriffs however, are not the only creatures in the forest. We live with mammals such as red deer, wrens, viviparous lizards, European robins, and white-tailed eagles. Some of the red deer have antlers on top of their head. This distinguishes them as male and females. They are kind of a tannish red color but do not come with a variety of colors like my species does. The wrens, robins, and white-tailed eagles all seem very small to me. Wrens are a dark brown color and blend in well with the trees in our forest. Robins have a orange belly and the rest of their body is a light grey. Eagles soar above the trees just like we do sometimes. My herd thinks that we are distantly related to these creatures because our front half of our body's look just like them. They have clawed feet and dark in color with a white tail. The viviparous lizards have a long scaly red and orange body and crawly along the ground.

    



No comments:

Post a Comment